Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hi Room 3

Hi Room 3 - I am pleased you found my writing on the blog! I still haven't found the email address list! You will be pleased to know we have now been through Montenegro - the country with the wolves. I didnt see any at all, but we did see some snakes! I will tell you more about that later. We are staying tonight in Croatia at a beautiful campsite overlooking the Adriatic sea. Hayden and Sarah have been swimming in the swimming pool here it is so warm.

I hope you are all training hard for the cross country. I might just about be able to beat you all - I am getting pretty fit... we walked all day today around Dubrovnik - an old medieval walled city. We climbed right up to the top of the walls and walked right round the whole city. There must have been thousands of steps!

In the morning I will do another update for you - the others want to use the computers now. Remember, my morning is your night, so watch out for the next update.

Oh, and to answer your questions - no, we didnt go in a boat or a gondola in Venice... they were quite expensive, and our legs were free, so we walked everywhere. Its flat, but you have to climb up and down over the steps over all the bridges, which need to be high enough for the boats to go under.

The cliffs off the sides of the scary roads, were straight down for hundreds of metres. There are mostly road barriers - sometimes stone and sometimes metal like we have on NZ motorways, but they didnt give me much comfort when we met a bus coming the other way! Sometimes we had just inches to spare as we edged our way past other big vehicles on the narrow winding roads. The views, however, were spectacular, and well worth the scare factor.

I am pleased you are all working so hard for Mrs Beveridge. Well done!

Moodeb

PS Oh and this will give you are real giggle, I decided I had to try something different in Croatia, so today for lunch I had FROGS LEGS! I had 12 pairs, and they were cooked in batter. They looked really funny, and didnt really tast like anything at all - they were quite tender, but I dont think I would order them again.

No comments: