Monday, April 26, 2010

Europe Trip - Hello from Mrs M

Well hello Room 3. Here I am sitting in the back blocks of Albania, and we have Internet access! I have no idea what I have done with the list of your email addresses I collected before I left, but I cant find it. This morning I had the bright idea that I could post on the blog and you would find it! Thank you to the children who have sent me emails. I have replied whenever we have internet access, which seems to be every few days.
I have sent some reports about our visit to castles by email, and hopefully those have been brought in to class. Here are some of the highlights of my trip so far:
After Germany, we went to Italy, where there is history which is over 2000 years old. Here are some pictures from the Italian part of our journey:
These photos are from Venice - it is accessed by water (though there is a causeway out to the islands it sits on). It is a very old and beautiful city.

In Venice, most of the roads are in fact water ways, and people travel round on boats, right up to the door of their houses.

This is me, standing in one of the narrow walking streets!

A lot of the boats look like this. They are called gondolas, and they have no motor. The gondalier stands on the end of the boat and pushes it along with a long pole. The gondolas are very highly decorated, and shiny, with cushions on all the seats.

This building in Venice was very hard to find - it is called "the snail".

In Venice, people dont have back yards, so they dry their washing by hanging it out high above the streets, and wind it in on pulleys when it is dry.

No comments: